Thank you for your interest in the Copyright Department of Hal Leonard Corporation
Hal Leonard represents, in print, some of the world's best known
and most respected publishers, artists, and writers. Please see
"Frequently Asked Questions"
for a more complete list.
As the print representative for these publishers, Hal Leonard Corporation
is responsible for authorizing print-related usages such as photocopying,
arranging or adapting, and reprinting lyrics and/or music.
Hal Leonard Corporation also authorizes print, mechanical, synchronization, and performance
uses of Hal Leonard copyrighted works (including those by Houston Publishing, Jenson
Publications, Musicworks, Music Express, and Rubank).
Please take the time to read the
"Frequently Asked Questions" portion
of our website for additional information
before submitting your permission request.
* Please note that we require a minimum of 15
business days to process permission requests.
Permission to Photocopy:
- For contest/adjudication uses (temporary copies)
- For archival purposes (permanent copies)
- Individual songs from a larger publication
Permission to Arrange:
- For Marching Band/Drum Corps/Percussion Ensemble
- For Show Choir
- For other instrumental or vocal ensembles
- Adapt a purchased arrangement to fit your ensemble's
Permission to Reprint:
only in a publication
- Music notation or music with
lyrics in a publication
in church bulletins/programs/community handouts
Permission to Record/Videotape/Broadcast:
DVDs/Videotapes of your performance
CDs/Audio recordings of your performance
- Broadcast your performance or copyrighted material on TV
- Make rehearsal tapes from a printed arrangement
- Make rehearsal tapes from a Showtrax or purchased accompaniment CD
Self Publish Music:
a custom arrangement
*Please be advised that Hal Leonard
Corporation does not publish unsolicited materials.