Publisher: Centerstream Publications
The term “burst” has been used to describe a specific Gibson Les Paul guitar manufactured from 1958 to 1960. The impact of this guitar has and continues to shake the music world. For dozens of guitar idols who've played it – and those fortunate enough to have owned one or more – the Gibson Les Paul Sunburst possesses a mystique and magic not found in any other electric guitar. With its unique sound, spectacular beauty and playability, the burst has shaped the landscape of the blues/rock genre as we know it today.
The Burst Believers in this book – Joe Bonamassa, Jimmy Page, Billy Gibbons, Kirk Hammett, Rick Nielsen, Waddy Wachtel, Slash, Steve Lukather, the Burst Brothers and many more – have been kind enough to share their experiences and stories that you will enjoy reading. These recollections, plus hundreds of fantastic color photographs and a serial number index, make this book a “must” for players and collectors everywhere.
“These guitars are the holy grail.” – Joe Bonamassa
“The burst has helped to create and establish the rock sound loved by generations.” – Jimmy Page
“A modern-day Stradivarius.” – Kirk Hammett
“I cannot imagine a guitar more perfectly suited to my eyes, ears, hands and musical inclinations.” – Billy Squier
Inventory #HL 00117070
- “The guitars are the holy grail.” – Joe Bonamassa
- “The Burst has helped to create and establish the rock sound loved by generations.” – Jimmy Page
- “These guitars have held a place of mysticism for me.” – Paul Stanley
- “I cannot imagine a guitar more perfectly suited to my eyes, ears, hands and musical inclinations.” – Billy Squier
- “A modern day Stradivarius.” – Kirk Hammett
- “Put me on a desert island with my 1958 Les Paul.” – Greg Martin
- “As soon as you get your hands on a late 1950s Gibson Les Paul sunburst guitar, there is no looking back.” – Keith Scott
- “The most expressive guitar ever made.” – Brian Ray
- “The 'Holy Grail' is my '59 Burst.” – Steve Lukather
- “Vic's passion for the iconic late '50's Les Paul guitars is unrivaled. Growing up reading the great guitar books of our time, one of the names that always struck my attention as the guy with the greatest sunburst Gibsons' was Vic DaPra. I'm proud to now call him my friend and collecting mentor.” – Joe Bonamassa
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.