Publisher: Berklee Press
Format: Softcover Audio Online
Henrique De Almeida
Integrate double bass drums into your beats. Two bass drums give you more power, speed, and flexibility, allowing you to create new dimensions of drumbeats. These timetables and other road-tested exercises methodically introduce the double pedal patterns into your beats, helping you play them intuitively, and revealing the possibilities of double bass drums. You get access to 38 online audio tracks for download or streaming, using the unique code inside this book. This will ensure you understand how each exercise could sound. These pedaling techniques and patterns will be useful in helping you to keep time, and playing solos and fills in jazz, funk, rock, world and any style of drumming.
Online audio is accessed at halleonard.com/mylibrary
Inventory #HL 00120208
- “Henrique De Almeida is a master drummer who has provided the drum community with a clear, methodical, and musical approach to learning double bass-drum technique demonstrating it in a way that is musically appropriate, as opposed to merely flamboyant exhibition. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to develop or further enhance their double bass-drum technique. And I personally look forward to studying this as well, with Henrique as my guide.” – Terri Lyne Carrington, multi- Grammy® award winner (Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Al Jarreau, Stevie Wonder)
- “Henrique has created a very comprehensive package that can enhance the performance of any drummer who wants to take their playing to the next level. The way the exercises are designed to work with different styles, or just as stand-alone workouts, is very well put together. I encourage anybody trying to break the barrier of double bass drumming to try out this book.” – Antonio Sanchez, multi-Grammy® award winner (Pat Metheny, Chick Corea, Michael Brecker, Gary Burton)
- “Henrique's new book Double Bass Drum Integration contains an enormous range of technical and musical exercises. It is loaded with so many great practice tips and ideas that it's a gold mine for anyone wanting to master double bass drumming. Whether you're a student or a professional, you will get so much out of this book, and the audio tracks feature Henrique's masterful drumming perfectly demonstrating how to seamlessly apply double bass drumming into a wide variety of musical settings. Bravo Henrique, you've done it again!!!” – Paul Wertico (Pat Metheny Group, Larry Coryell Power Trio, Kurt Elling, Paul Winter, Wertico Cain & Gray)
- “Henrique has done his due diligence. There is an immense amount of information in this book. His approach to double bass outside its traditional role is not only creative but practical/realistic. It gives today's young drummer an unfair advantage! I salute you, Henrique!” – Tommy Aldridge (Black Oak Arkansas, Pat Travers, Vinnie More, Gary Moore, Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake)
- “Feast your eyes on the one double bass drumming book on the market that is innovative and challenging and yet takes you from very simple beginnings to sheer beautiful passion and musicality, with real-life double bass-drum etudes. Double Bass Drum Integration goes beyond merely touting the work of famous and respected drummers. It also shows you how the esteemed Berklee professor Henrique De Almeida actually uses this fresh material in spontaneous live performance. He guides the reader to achieve true excellence, one small, easy step at a time. Though its title says jazz and funk, if you can master the musical elements presented in this book, you can fly spontaneously in whatever genre you wish, from jazz to speed metal. You'll be an innovator with this book! What are you waiting for? Together, let's rock! Let's advance!” – Kenwood Dennard (Miles Davis, Jaco Pastorius, Dizzy Gillespie, John McLaughlin)
- “Incredible! Henrique always manages to write books to help the drummers and percussionists, no matter what. His double pedal technique is exquisite and challenging, but musical and inspiring. I feed from him! This book, like his others, is an inspiration, and it comes from the heart!” – Walfredo Reyes Sr. (Tito Puente, Wayne Newton, Tony Bennett, Sammy Davis Jr.)
- “Henrique De Almeida's book opens our head in terms of new opportunities for our musical growth. It is a course based on the true foundations of the art of drumming. Henrique's double bass approach is very rich, clear, and objective. It mixes various styles with a smart way to play with two bass drums. All of us in the drumming community have to thank Henrique for his devotion and precious study time to provide us all with more knowledge.” – Aquiles Priester (Angra)
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.