Publisher: Berklee Press
Organize and manage your music projects! Whether you are a performer, writer, engineer, educator, manager, or music maker, these time-tested charts, plots, diagrams, checklists, and agreements will help make your work easier and better. These forms will help you clarify your work, track critical details, and maintain quality control. Each one includes explanation about how it is used, a key to related symbols and terms, and any common variations.
You will find forms for:
• Performance, to help you book, organize, and manage concerts and gigs (stage plots, set lists, booking request sheets)
• Touring (tour itinerary, checklist, assets inventory)
• Technology, to help you manage recording sessions, track gear, and label media (archive sheets, mic input diagrams, take sheets)
• Writing songs, compositions and film scores, supporting both creative and business dimensions of the work (split sheets, spotting notes, cue sheets)
• Business, including agreements, project management tools, and financial management (booking sheets, tour budget, profit/loss form)
• Teaching (audition rating sheet, practice log, lesson plan)
Also included are different types of notation formats, and some tips for creating your own forms.
Inventory #HL 00121814
- “After decades in the music business as a recording artist, producer, educator, and touring musician, I have become aware of the many uses of forms in the music business. But even I didn't realize how widely used and varied the paperwork necessary to keeping the music business functioning has become. Music Industry Forms has it all, beautifully organized and explained.” – Gary Burton, multi-Grammy® award-winning jazz musician
- “Whether you're on stage or in the studio, keeping musical projects organized can be daunting and difficult. With a ton of practical information on all levels of the industry, this book will prepare anyone for one of the most impractical professions – that of the working musician or bandleader.” – John Flansburgh, Co-Founder of multi-Grammy® award-winning group They Might Be Giants
- “Where were Jonathan Feist and this wonderful book when I was getting started in the industry? Oh, the time that could have been saved-the stress that could have been averted. Jonathan has a gift for being clear, thorough, and organized. This should be required reading for anyone venturing into the 'wilderness' that is the entertainment business!” – Marcus Hummon, Grammy® award-winning hit songwriter, artist, and producer
- “In today's music industry, when making music and organizing information so often go hand-in-hand, this book will set you on the right path. Comprehensive and indispensable!” – Sean Slade, producer/engineer (Radiohead, Hole, Warren Zevon, Lou Reed...)
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.