Series: Southern Music Publisher: Southern Music Co. Composer: Jim Mahaffey
- After mastering lessons and skills learned in the previous volumes, Volume 4 teaches the popular ii-V-I progression in three settings. Students use learned skills for a ii-V-I progression (Cmi9-F9-BbMaj9) in Bb concert.
- A second setting transposes to Eb concert, a ii-V-I that leads to the IV chord Eb, or Fmi9-Bb9-Eb.
- A third setting introduces students to a ii-V-I type of progression which leads to the relative minor on G, or Ami7(b5)-D9-Gm.
- The “flat 5” and diminished vii chord are discussed and plenty of examples are given. In each section, the modal sequence of dorian-mixolydian-lydian is stressed and practiced.
- The bonus chart “251 Swing Street” teaches ii-V-I progressions and the swing style.
$95.00 (US) Inventory #HL 03772083 UPC: 884088720902 Publisher Code: O45JB Width: 9.0" Length: 12.0"
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.
Series: Southern Music