Format: Digital Book
Learn the essential skills to enter the audio post-production industry. This book offers a broad coverage of audio post production, including the four basic elements: dialogue, music, sound effects, and Foley effects. You will learn strategies for working with composers, music supervisors, and dialogue and sound effect editors, and explore techniques on how to edit songs to fit a scene, record dialogue replacement, cue Foley effects for a scene, as well as many more. In addition, you will learn how to prepare for a pre-dub or temp mix (to group and sub-mix tracks into stems for the final dub), create the final dub, and prepare the mix for foreign distribution and final delivery.
By learning the tools and strategies used by working professionals, you will have an advantage to participate effectively in this fast-paced environment, as well as applying these skills to independent projects. Includes foreword, introduction, afterword, author biography and index.
Hal Leonard Digital Books are cloud-based publications, which are streaming
and require internet access. Upon purchase, you will be provided with an access
code and a link to Hal Leonard's MyLibrary site, where you can view your digital
book along with supplemental audio or video where applicable.
- Fast loading desktop and mobile experience
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- New books being added regularly... check back often at https://www.halleonard.com/digitalbook/!
- “Mark Cross has masterfully captured the key learning points and technical aspects of the craft in his book Audio Post Production. The book serves as a comprehensive and valuable tool for both beginners and professionals. I would not only recommend this book to anyone looking to make a career out of audio post production but also to anyone with a passion for audio.” – Frank Morrone, Emmy award-winning re-recording mixer (Lost, The Kennedy's, Cider House Rules)
- “Beautifully written and informative. I sure wish I had a book like this when I started out in my career. This is a must for anyone interested in the world of post production.” – Dennis Sands, Oscar-nominated scoring mixer (Finding Nemo, Castaway, Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption)
- “Audio Post Production by Mark Cross is a clear, comprehensive, and enjoyable overview of the multi-dimensional world of postproduction audio. For the sound department, there are thousands of hours of teamwork that go on between the time the director yells 'Action!' and the picture rolls on the screen. This book details the role of each segment of that team and will be an excellent primer for anyone interested in one of the many career opportunities behind the scenes of our favorite art form.” – Bruno Coon, award-winning music editor, composer, and producer (Toy Story 3; True Blood; Meet the Fockers; Monsters, Inc.)
- “The information contained within these pages is informative and valuable for anyone wishing to work in post-production sound. In this book Mark has detailed a complicated and little known process in simple, easy-to-understand terms. His real world examples show how the mixing process deals with a variety of challenging audio needs.” – Richard Weingart, Emmy award-winning re-recording mixer (Heroes, Crossing Jordan, House M.D., Rescue Me, The Blair Witch Project)
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.