Format: Digital Book
Get organized, and take charge of your music projects! This book will help you harness your creativity into clear visions and effective work plans. Whether you are producing a recording, going on tour, developing a studio, launching a business, running a marketing campaign, creating a music curriculum, or any other project in the music industry, these road-tested strategies will help you to succeed. Music projects come in all sizes, budgets, and levels of complexity, but for any project, setting up a process for planning, executing, and monitoring your work is crucial in achieving your goals. This book will help you clarify your vision and understand the work required to complete it on time, within budget, and to your highest possible quality standard. It is a comprehensive approach, with hundreds of music industry-specific tools for keeping your work on track, mitigating risk, and reducing stress, so that you can complete your project successfully. You will learn to: develop work strategies; delegate tasks; build and manage teams; organize your project office; develop production schedules; understand and organize contracts; analyze risk; and much more.
Hal Leonard Digital Books are cloud-based publications, which are streaming
and require internet access. Upon purchase, you will be provided with an access
code and a link to Hal Leonard's MyLibrary site, where you can view your digital
book along with supplemental audio or video where applicable.
- Fast loading desktop and mobile experience
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- New books being added regularly... check back often at https://www.halleonard.com/digitalbook/!
- “This excellent and accessible compilation of strategies combines modern technology and project management practices with a deep understanding of the music industry. Whether you are more enthused by the creative dimensions of your work or the logistical ones, Project Management for Musicians will help you become more successful.” – Brent Frei, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of Smartsheet
- “Project management is undoubtedly the backbone of success. The diversity of tools in this book will not only help you to plan ahead; they will truly trace the path and change the way you see things in order to complete your goals.” – Ariel Rivas, Grammy®-award winning producer, World Tour Manager, and Booking Agent (Rubén Blades, Don Omar, Danny Rivera)
- “If you've ever thought that the music is the easy part and it's everything else that's hard, then this is the book for you. Project Management for Musicians will give you common sense tools to organize your thinking, planning, and management of all those other things besides the music that are so critical to your success in the music business.” – Alan Sierichs, Former Commander/Conductor of the Air Force Band, Washington, DC
- “Jonathan Feist is one of the most effective project managers I've had the opportunity to work with. The depth and breath of tools in his new book have the power to transform any musician's project management skills, which will lead directly to completing visions, rather than just dreaming about them.” – Stephen Webber, Berklee professor, author, and composer
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.