Publisher: Hal Leonard
Format: Hardcover with CD
Henry Leck, Founder and Artistic Director of the Indianapolis Children's Choir and Director of Choral Activities at Butler University, has influenced thousands of young musicians and teachers through his dedication to choral excellence and the idea that children can perform music with artistry and understanding.
This comprehensive text, written with Dr. Flossie Jordan, is an insightful guide for choral directors in the field and in training to help develop the teaching skills, leadership abilities, conducting technique, knowledge of repertoire and organizational skills necessary for success.
1. Going Beyond the Craft of Music Making
2. Vocal Techniques for the Young Singer
3. Director Preparation
4. Musical Expression through Visualization
5. Dalcroze Techniques in the Choral Rehearsal
6. Creating Artistry Through a Kodály Curriculum
7. The Boy's Expanding Voice: Take the High Road
8. Leadership Style
As an added bonus, the book includes a CD-ROM with dozens of helpful forms and documents from the Indianapolis Children's Choir covering organizing a children's choir, auditions, governing documents, managing volunteers, fundraising, grant writing and much more!
Inventory #HL 08748555
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.