Series: Instrumental Jazz Format: Softcover Media Online Flute Author: Mike Steinel
Mike Steinel's follow-up book to his popular Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble features a wealth of instructional material that can be used in a full band setting or individually. After a brief review of style basics, this comprehensive method includes a section of daily warm-ups and workouts for rehearsal, followed by a variety of lessons covering specific styles and improvisation concepts. Each lesson ends with a full band performance piece. Take your students to the next level with this masterful approach!
• Review of important concepts from Book 1
• Warm-ups and workouts for the start of rehearsals
• Lessons covering a variety of jazz styles and improvisation concepts
• Nine rewarding full band pieces that reinforce each lesson
• Information on the cities, regions, and people influencing the evolution of jazz
• Recordings of all exercises, including full band arrangements and sample solos*
• Grade/Level 3
* Each book includes an access code for audio files on “MyLibrary” (internet required.)
Audio is accessed online using the unique code inside the book and can be streamed or downloaded. The audio files include PLAYBACK+, a multi-functional audio player that allows you to slow down audio without changing pitch, set loop points, change keys, and pan left or right.
$15.99 (US) Inventory #HL 00877513 ISBN: 9781495079146 UPC: 888680652074 Width: 9.0" Length: 12.0" 48 pages
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.