Format: Digital Book
Music notation is a language that has been developing for thousands of years; even the manner in which we read music today has been around for several centuries. In learning to read music, we encounter basic symbols for pitch, duration, and timing. As we advance, we learn about dynamics, expression, timbre, and even special effects. How to Read Music will introduce you to the basics, then provide more advanced information. As a final reward for all your hard work, you'll get a chance to play excerpts from three classic piano pieces. Topics include: pitch • rhythm • meter • special words and symbols • plus classical piano pieces by Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven.
Hal Leonard Digital Books are cloud-based publications, which are streaming
and require internet access. Upon purchase, you will be provided with an access
code and a link to Hal Leonard's MyLibrary site, where you can view your digital
book along with supplemental audio or video where applicable.
- Fast loading desktop and mobile experience
- Auto-resume across devices
- Quick search, note taking and bookmarking for easy reference
- Responsive book design, so things look great on mobile too
- New books being added regularly... check back often at https://www.halleonard.com/digitalbook/!
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.