Music Pro Guides
Publisher: Hal Leonard
Frank D. Cook,
Learn the basics of recording, editing, and mixing audio using Pro Tools ¦ First software, a free version of the industry-standard professional platform used by artists, producers, engineers, and mixers worldwide. Audio Production Basics with Pro Tools ¦ First will guide you every step of the way. With this book and the included online media files, you'll get hands-on with Pro Tools and cover everything from setting up your computer to the fundamentals of audio production, including:
• Basic Digital Audio Workstation operations and audio hardware options
• Principles of sound production and microphone use
• Essential Pro Tools concepts and operations
• MIDI fundamentals for playing and recording virtual instruments
• Multi-track recording
• Mixing your project and outputting your final mixdown
Pro Tools ¦ First is free, easy, and fun. And everything you learn here will apply if you move on to more advanced versions of Pro Tools. Take the first step now, with Audio Production Basics with Pro Tools ¦ First.
Inventory #HL 00235690
Publisher Code: 70166-336
- “An exceptionally well written instruction manual that teaches the basics of composing, recording, editing, mixing, and processing audio using the free Pro Tools ¦ First software...unreservedly recommended for personal, professional, community, and academic library Music Technology instructional reference collections.” – Midwest Book Review
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.