Musician's Guide Home Recordg
Publisher: Hal Leonard Books
Modern amp sim software has progressed to an amazing degree, yet many guitarists have difficulty obtaining the same kind of responsive, organic sounds associated with physical amps. This book is loaded with tips on how to use amp sims not only to re-create the sound and feel of iconic amps, but also, to create sounds that were either impractical or impossible to do with traditional amps. Topics include:
• Simple ways guitars can be more “sim-friendly”
• Using processors to condition the audio prior to going through sims
• Hard disk editing techniques to optimize tracks for use with amp sims
• Multiband processing for exceptional dynamics and responsiveness
• Parallel processing, amp stacking
• Creating custom virtual cabinets instead of using the ones in the sim
• Eliminating aliasing and other “digital” artifacts, combining amp sims and physical amps, and much more
The book also includes information on how guitar can blend in perfectly with EDM and other modern musical forms through the use of software processing, and techniques like modulating guitar with drums and other instruments to give highly rhythmic overlays. Filled with illustrations and “tech talk” sidebars on selected topics, this book is essential reading for all guitarists – from traditional blues players who seek the ultimate tone, to experimental guitarists immersed in the world of electronics.
Inventory #HL 00269499
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.