Publisher: Berklee Press
The Chord Factory is for all levels and styles of chord explorers, from professional-level guitarists in need of harmonic stimulation and to fill in some “gray areas,” to the early-level guitarist just embarking on that fascinating and fun aspect of exploring chords and harmony. This added chord vocabulary and understanding will strengthen all areas of your musical world as a performer and composer.
Inventory #HL 50449541
- “What an amazing book! Incredibly detailed and thorough. presenting everything in a clear, sometimes humorous way. Jon Damian has done all of us guitar playersa huge favor: He's taken us by the hand to some brand new, exotic places musically. Thanks Jon! I'm happy to work at The Chord Factory.” Jim Hall, Legendary Guitarist and NEA Jazz Masters Fellow
- “Jon Damian blows my mind! In The Chord Factory, he goes deeper and deeper, daring to go where few, if any, have traveled, He looks around every corner, leaving no stone unturned, and continues to unlock the mystery, wonder, magic, and FUN in music. Jon gives us the keys. I look forward to this next adventure.” Bill Frisell, Grammy-Winning Guitarist
- “This fresh look at chords and their construction inspired new ideas for me right away. Jon's unique perspective reveals the rich language inherent in greatchord progressions. He never loses sight of the fact that it's not how many chords you know, but how well you use them. Try taking a look at the unique waysthat Jon and his imaginary friend Chester see chords. It will open up an expansive new world of expression for you.” James Valentine, Grammy-Winning Guitarist (Maroon 5)
- “Jon Damian always manages to relate in an emotional, visceral way to the study of music, making even the most theoretical aspects of that study easier to connect with, artistically, for anybody who's lucky enough to be studying with him. Plus, as this new book clearly illustrates, he knows some really good grips.” Wayne Krantz, Guitarist (Steely Dan, Michael Brecker, Billy Cobham)
- “The Chord Factory shows why Jon Damian is such a popular and influential teacher. The book is systematic and thorough, yet at the same time it is creative and open-ended, giving the reader tools and concepts for a lifetime of exploration and learning. Everything is explained clearly-from single-note 'harmony' to altered 13th chords and beyond. The focus is always on sound, music, and creativity, and it's fun to read. I plan to recommend this book to all our guitarists and also to non-guitarists, who can apply its principles to improvisation and arranging.” Allan Chase, Chair of Contemporary Improvisation at New England Conservatory
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.