Series: Southern Music Publisher: Southern Music Co. Score & Parts Composer: Jim Mahaffey
1. FOURTHS: A medium-tempo swing with chord progression by fourths.
2. PITCH-MATCHING: Bright swing with cross-sectional pitch-matching in Concert Bb and F.
3. MODAL WALTZ: Moderate swing in 3/4 that employs the C and F dorian modes.
4. FULL CIRCLE WITH SAX UNISON: Chords in the circle of fourths (key: F Concert), with a unison sax line to aid tuning.
5. BONE-MODALE: In a groove a la Miles Davis and in the G minor mode, the 'bones are in unison.
6. COOL BOSSA: Concert F, laid back and lush. Great for sectional/tutti balance, and for phrasing the bossa.
7. LIP-SLUR CHROMATIC: A cut-time lip slur workout for the brass, with sax chords descending in half-steps.
8. IT'S THE Bb GOSPEL: A moderate gospel swing with a unison melody line passed around the sections, plus a big finish for practicing dynamics.
9. SAMBANICE: Concert Bb with an easy “two” feel. Unison lines and nice chord changes for sectional and ensemble listening.
10. TRUMPET-TUNE: This medium swing in Eb gives trumpets the lead over a sax/'bone rhythmic backup figure.
$65.00 (US) Inventory #HL 03772080 UPC: 884088720872 Publisher Code: O44 Width: 8.5" Length: 11.0"
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.
Series: Southern Music